Monday, January 26, 2009

My God Doesn't Wear Pajamas

Have you ever just stopped to think about what kind of God we serve?  I mean, our God is a God who knows all, formed all, and has never taken His eye off of one of us.  I heard the phrase my God doesn't wear pajamas and thought about how much God truly cares for us.  He never takes a break from the action.  He never takes a vacation from the stress.  He always watches over us 24 hours a day.  He has our best interests at heart.  This is far more than we can say about us.  

I'm afraid that in the world we live in, we serve a God that desires for us to spend as much time with Him as we possibly can and yet we only can find just a few spare moments to squeeze in a memorized prayer.  Nothing we do is with much passion anymore.  It seems as our only real communication with an awesome God is rehearsed, and often times out of duty or obligation.  But why is this?  We know God created us, but why then didn't he wire us to want to spend time Him.  It is simply out of His amazing, unconditional love for us that He didn't.  It is true God does desire for us to become more intimate with Him, but he would rather have 5 minutes that we choose to give Him, than an hour he wired us to give Him.  

So why should this matter to us and what will we gain by spending this time with God.  The answer is very simple.  We have a chance of being close to the Father.  We have someone who will go before us and fight our battles.  We have one that will listen we are in need.  We can have life and have it to the fullest.  We can talk to Him anytime of the day, in any situation, good or bad.  The fact that He never rest means, no matter what, when, or where, we can get to our Father.  I know for me that is an answered prayer in itself, because there are times in which I just need someone to listen and desperately need the touch of the master.  I know from experience, that God never fails.  He never lets me down.  I have had to realize that praying His will be done, may be His timing, and His answers, but we always must remember, to get out of the way of what He may be doing!  

God I thank you for always being available to me and my family.  You are always there to hear me, and through it all you have shown your never ending love.  Love that I never deserved.  Please forgive me of the times I have failed You and help me have a desire to get to the place where I can daily hear your voice.  I thank you for the already answered prayers in Peyton and ask that you continue to bless Christina and Brayden until he arrives.  Let your light shine through me and give me guidance and direction in all that I do.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment