Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alone

Alone. It can be one of the most loneliest places ever for us on this earth. No one likes to always be alone. It can leave you feeling hopeless, helpless, and insecure. However, being alone with God, is when we get God's full attention. Wow, think about that. When we feel like we are not wanted, loved, or even cared about, it is then we have the full attention of God. There is nothing more comforting to have the full attention of the master. To be held in His arms. To hear His voice.

God desires for us to get alone with Him. The problem is many of us have problems doing just this. We are so insecure with who we are alone, that we never want to get there. If we always have to have a choir, preaching, or even others, then we can never truly just be with God. One of the most awesome times that I have everyday is when I get to spend my time alone. It is because I can forget everything that is going on in life, and get to spend time with the One who cares about me more than I could ever imagine. It is then that I can sing my praises, cry out of a broken spirit, sit in the masters arms. The awesome thing about it is, we can be ourselves. We don't have to always be strong, we can be exposed with Him. After all He knows everything anyway. There are no secrets in the secret place. We don't have to be ashamed of anything in our lives. We can truly just be who we are.

The secret place. What is it? Is it a place where we have to hide from others. Absolutely not. It is the only place that we can come and be who we really are. It is the place where we can come face to face with a God that loves us. We can hear the voice of one who does not condemn us, but loves us in ways that we cannot imagine. It is in this place that we can find our purpose in life. It is in this place we can find answers we are looking for. It is in this place that we can stop hiding from whatever has been holding us back or pushing us down. The awesome thing is being exposed means that we can be pliable, and then we can be shaped into the image of God. We must get beyond the veil of God, and then he will reveal all, he will uncover all. It is only then can we bless the blesser. It is only then can we truly worship. True worship has to come when no one is around, because that means we have an audience of just one. No one to impress with big words, emotions, but we can truly just give all that we have inside.

Oh, to dwell in the secret place, His presence! What will this presence do? It will dare us to believe all God says; it will make us believe all that he has promised. It is in this place that we can create a clean heart for God to come in and dwell in. Then we will have the power that is offered to us. Psalm 91:1 says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. " This is the only place where I can truly find safety and protection from the storms of life. Lord help me to get to this place daily.


Lord I am nothing without you. Please help me to learn that being alone doesn't mean being without. Help me know that the most comfortable place is with You, alone. It is then and only then can I hear your voice. I can see your purpose and I can be myself. I pray that you be with Peyton today, he is your child, and only you can help. Help us to have patience, and give us wisdom to help him. I pray that you bless our church, our ministry, and our family. Be with us, let us know you are near. I know something great is about to happen, and I am ready to see all that you have for us. Thanks for hearing my cries. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment