Tuesday, February 10, 2009

God Is

Over the past week, I have seen God move in many different ways. I find it very interesting that wherever we go, whatever we do, whatever the need, God is. It isn't really a hard concept to grasp, but many people find this hard to believe. How can God be everywhere, always. Well without going into extreme theology, the best I can expalin it is He just is. We have to realize that God is. Whatever that means to us.

As I study the scriptures I find many pasaages throughout the Bible where God is obviosuly around, and present but the writers and mostly, us, the readers forget that He is there. After studying today, I was reading through several passages, and I know that often times we take several books in the Bible as history, and don't look at them theologically. Or I guess I should say with a purpose in mind.

I have seen God move in to many ways to just forget that He is. But why is it so hard for us to grasp. Why is it that we feel like we have to explain to God all of our needs, instead of approaching Him with the knowledge that He already is everything we need. What is it about our thoughts or misconceptions of Him that makes us think that some things we can hide from God and that if we miss simple things that He won't care. I have been drawn back to worship many times over the past month and I can't help but thinking that God just desires us to be as much in to Him as He is to us. If we could just get a glimpse of how much He truly loves and cares about all of our needs, then we would know that whatever it is, God is.

As one songwriter wrote, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. What that means to me is there will be times when we just don't feel like worshipping. When we don't feel like praying. When we don't feel like doing what he desires. But we have to remember He will be our guide and our strength because of the simple thought God is. If we could only grasp this simple but complex thought, our lives could be so much easier. We have to realize that God is in the middle of everything and we cannot push Him out of our lives. His only desire is for us to be with Him as much as He is with us.

Lord, I pray today, that I learn to trust the simple fact that You are. If I can learn to lean on that and know that no matter what the circumstance, problem or trial, you have the answer. Let me learn to trust You in all things, and let me have a desire to spend more time with you daily. Take all of me and make me into who you want me to be. Open up doors that no man can open and help me to see all that you have for me and my family. Be with all of my family and friends and

1 comment:

  1. I used to be convinced that if God would make some kind of visible demonstration in my life, it would bolster my faith. But reading about the journey of the Israelites tells me otherwise. They saw things with their own eyes that I can't even imagine. Red Sea parting, food appearing as if by magic, stunning military victories - and still they struggled in areas of faith. What makes me believe that I would be any different? I say that I want more visibility from my God, but it seems his answer is that I don't need that. I don't need anything more from Him. Like you said, He is. What more do I need from him? What I need is to trust in Him. If I believe that God spoke the world into existence, framed the universe that I see, took control and kept watch while I was formed, and walks with me today then what more could I possibly expect from Him. He's not the problem. My lack of trust - trust that he is on my side, working things for my good even when I can't see it - is the issue. I think my prayer is more often becoming "God deliver me from me"

    ReplyDelete