Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back to business

Over the past few weeks I have seen God show up in more ways than one.  Without going into extreme detail I can say that the past few weeks have been well crazy.  The key to it all for me is knowing that God still sees and cares about everything going on in our lives.  I think about how many hours that I spend doing this and that and then realize that when the end of the day comes, I am just worn out and feel like doing nothing.  But then I think about the God that we serve.  What if God was like that?   I mean compared to God, our lives our simple.  We deal with work, family, friends, and then whatever extra we can squeeze into to our already busy lives, but God never stops to even take a break.  I mean right now as I write this and spend some quiet time with God, I have His undivided attention.  But what is amazing is that if someone all across the world is doing the very same thing, they also have His undivided attention.  Thankfully, we serve a God that is everything to everyone.  He is whatever we are searching for, He is whatever we are in need of, and He is always there.  In comparison to some of us, what an breath of fresh air.  

As the past few weeks have unfolded, my life and my families have been a whirlwind.  We have somehow managed to move the from a school building to a church (finally after about 3 years), I have managed to enroll myself in more classes ( not sure how that will go), we found out that our son (Brayden Josiah) will be born next Friday (unless God has different plans), and with the help of others, got through our first youth service with only minor scratches.  Even though it seemed as if there was no stopping to what has been a whirlwind of weeks, I find comfort in the fact that I have a God that has been with me every step of the way.  Nothing about this crazy time in my life surprised God.  He knew it all.  He wasn't searching for the how to book or scratching His head on what which way was up, He already knew everything about me.  The awesome thing is my God is past, present, and future all in one.  He knew me and my life before I was even born.  He has plans for me.  

Nothing surprises God.  I have found that whatever I have asked God for over the past few weeks, He has answered.  It hasn't always been like I would have like, but it has been with the loving arms of a parent.  I just wonder, what would happen if all that I did, was in sync with all that He wanted me to do.  What would happen if I truly lived every day like it was my last, and gave God all that He wanted of me?  

Lord, I pray that these thoughts would not be just that.  I pray that I would begin to live everyday in your will.  Let me hear your voice through all the chaos that life will bring.  Always help me to keep you at the center of whatever I am doing, and never let me forget who gave me life in the first place.  Lord I love you and thank you for the past few days and cannot wait to see what You have in store for my future, and the future with my new family!  Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment