Friday, February 27, 2009

The Big Day

Well as I sit here in the hospital room, waiting for our son to make his grand entrance into the world, my heart is overwhelmed with responsibility, with joy, with emotion.  I can't even begin to express what Peyton has meant to us.  He is the joy of our life.   There isn't a day goes by that he doesn't make me smile and just to think in just a few hours, I will have a new bundle of joy.  I have often times stopped to think why would God choose me.  Why would He choose us to be parents of such an awesome creations.  The more I begin to think that God loves us so much that He trust us with His creations just proves the kind of creator we serve.  

God chooses us to be a part of His creation.  Then we have to choose to serve Him or do our own thing.  There is nothing that is more rewarding than serving Him.  I know that I have failed many times, but God has always been faithful to be there when I have not.  Today, I can't imagine the love that it had to take for God to send His son into this world.  A world full of sin.  There are many parts of me that wishes we could totally surround our children from the filth of this world, but then that is why we serve such an awesome God.  

In just a few hours, Brayden Josiah will join our family.  I know that it will impossible to love Him like our creator loves us, but I will do my very best to be the best Dad I can to him and to by little buddy, the big brother, Peyton.  I can only sit here and Thank God for the gift of life, and can only imagine what this new bundle of joy will mean to our lives.  

We have definitely had a whirlwind of days the last few weeks, and I am sure this will be no exception, but I am ready to see all of the new challenges that another gift from God will bring. I can't close this post without saying to all of my family and friends thank you for all your love and prayers.  I pray that each of you renews your relationship with our creator and know that no matter what it is you are going through, God will be here.  I know He is with us now in this room, and He will be with us always.  Nothing we do can ever separate us from the love of God. 

Lord, I thank you on this awesome day in You.  I thank you for the gift of life.  I thank you for guiding us this far, and know that in the next few hours, days, weeks, and months that You will be our strength.  I pray for the delivery, for Christina, for Brayden, for the doctors and nurses.  I know Your hand will be with them.  I thank you for a peace and strength for Christina and that you will help her to endure to the end.  I thank you for this new addition to our family, and pray that You watch over his grand entrance into the world. I pray for the new big brother Peyton, so that he will be able to understand that Brayden will never take his place, but rather have a place just like his.  I pray for family and friends that are traveling here, and pray that you guide them all the way.  Lord, most of all I thank you for saving me so that on a day like today, I know where our strength comes from, our Help comes from You!  Be with us.  I love you Lord.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment