Friday, January 29, 2010

Letting God be God

Have you ever been in a time in your life to where you just needed God to show up? I mean times when there was nothing going right. Times when the finances were not where they needed to be. Or just the times when you just wanted to truly hear the voice of God. They key is many times when we are in the most trying times of our lives, God is right beside us. In fact, He has never left our side! God desires to revive his people. He doesn't want us to live tired, unfulfilling lives, but would rather us have lives filled the joy only He can bring.

God simply wants to be God. He wants to show us how much He truly cares about us. Many times we can be so close to hearing from God, then because our fear of the unknown, or that things haven't moved as quickly as we think God should have, we move God off the throne and place ourselves there. The very thought of us calling our own shots seems to attractive to us, because we could then get answers quicker and not be required to listen for His voice. It is like the movie Bruce Almighty - everything is wrong until we have to spend a day in His shoes. The fact is that we could never do what God does for us daily. We will always make a mess of things. We have to have His help and be in His perfect will for our lives.

Well what do we do then to make this happen in our lives:

First, I would say we have to not put limits on our God. We cannot place times frames, or outcomes to God, but we must simply trust He knows what is best. God can do all things...so why not let Him be God.

Second, we can't live denying the problems that we may be facing. Denial will not cause things to go away, but will simply place them in a state where they can become more hurtful to us in the long run. Problems are never as big as they may seem when God is in control. There is no doubt that when we trust Him, God makes our problems become His problems, and we are never walking alone.

Finally, we must be willing to trust and worship God. We cannot simply think that we have done that in the past and that will get me by. We must be willing to daily pick up our crosses and follow Him. We must worship Him for who He is. We must seek after Him. We must be willing to spend time with Him, no matter how hard it may be in our busy lives, He must be our priority.

If we can do these things, then I believe, we can truly live in the power of God. I want to be where He is, and I must trust that He will always have my best interests at heart, and leave being God in my life, and my families, to the one who created all things.

Lord, help me to always trust You in whatever I do. Let me know that You are always with me, and no matter what may come my way, let me give you all that I have. I am looking for Your soon return. Watch over and keep us in Your arms until the time comes where we can be with You forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment