Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Dreaded flu

I know that this may seem like a horrible topic write on, but I have to give thanks to God in advance for getting us through it.  It is times like these that we all fall on our knees to God and beg for His mercy.  But the thing that really stirs me up inside is why is it that we always feel like we have to wait to get His attention.  Only in the desperate times do we feel we can call on Him.  As I have laid in bed the past few days, I know that God has had to had his laughs at my expense, as I can remember sleeping for longer than I have ever slept.   Even since my teenage years. But then I wonder does God know when we have just had enough and forces us to stop and be thankful for what we have been given.  In my case, I know the answer is yes.   He did.  And it made me realize how great our God is.  

I have found out that I never want to be in the middle of a storm or trial or in this case sickness, where I haven't called upon the name of God in a long time.  It is in these times that we need God to answer right now.  Today one of the hardest things hit me, I was the one that made my son sick.  Peyton is right now sick with the same flu I have had for the past few days.   It bothered me, it worries me, but the God thing that I stand on is doesn't surprise my God.  It doesn't even worry Him in the least little bit.  This past week has been a very busy one, so much to the point I feel like I have barely seen my sons, but I know that I have a Father who has been with them every second of every day.  

After reading this morning in the word, I see Moses getting specific instructions from God to give to the people.  They are supposed to set aside time to honor God and to give Him the due respects.  But then I find it even more interesting when one person asks him, what do we do if we are unclean?  God then responds with they can still celebrate the passover, but they must do so at the appointed time.  

Isn't there a need for an appointed time for us to meet with the Master.   I feel like we are all so unworthy of celebrating and worshipping Him for who He is but I know that He cares about even the small things in our lives.  He cares about each one of us so very very much.  We all nee dour appointed times so that we can stop and just listen and give back to Him a little of what He has given to us.  So even if sickness does come, and it might, just no that you have God's full attention and maybe now He has yours too!  

The past week has caused me to realize that without Him, I am definitely nothing.  When I am weak, He is strong.  He has been there to hold my family together when I haven't been around, and has protected my baby and my wife from this!  I plead the blood of Jesus of them so that they do not get this sickness, and that Peyton will be restored to health asap.  

God I thank you for allowing me to have access to You at all times.  We no longer need the sacrifices as of old, but we must never forget that all of us are unclean. The good news is that you can wash us white as snow, and nothing can ever separate us from your love.  I pray for the health of my family, and my extended family, as they have been a great help in the time of need. I thank you for the love and support of a church family that knows how to pray, and ask that You be with each of them.  Be with us and wash this house free of germs.   AMEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment